Hiking around Israel is also a great way to truly experience the geo-diversity of the tiny country, as you can find yourself hiking through forests and rivers on one day, and through the desert on the next. Here are a couple of our favourite hikes:
- The North of Israel offers sensational, refreshing water hikes which are the perfect answer to a scorching hot summer’s day. We love the hikes at Tel Dan and at Banias, both of which are replete with history as well as nature, and if you want to get really wet ask us about the hike in the river Snir!
- Surprisingly the desert also offers magnificent, family friendly water hikes such as the hike at Ein Gedi where fresh water cascades down the desert rock to produce crystal clear waterfalls and swimming pools perfect for the whole family.
- If you’re looking to combine a good stretch of the legs, with fascinating history, Masada is the classic spot, and sunrise is the classic time to climb up to the remains of the Herodian fort. Another outstanding historical hike is Gamla in the North, where you climb a camel shaped hump (Gamla comes from the word gamal meaning camel!), to discover the remains of an entire Roman period Jewish town including synagogue and mikveh (ritual bathing house).
- The Jerusalem Hills, just twenty minutes outside of the City, offer a fabulous opportunity to escape into nature after a couple of days of history and culture. We love hiking in this green, forested area – let us show you how to work a winery or goat cheese farm visit into your hike too!
- For serious hikers, or those looking to make hiking the focus of their Israel experience, we offer a number of extremely challenging multi-day hiking itineraries, both in the North of Israel and in the desert. Please ask us for details.
Thank you for putting together a diverse plan that we would never have thought of or been able to plan on our own. We loved experiencing Israel from hiking the natural beauty of the desert to the Northern mountains to the sophistication of Tel Aviv and the spirituality of Jerusalem.
Richard S, Seattle
- Tailor made itineraries
- Deep Israel knowledge
- Expert guides
- Outstanding style & service